Knitted Bookworm

Monday, March 26, 2007

Monkey progress


Seems as if I'm a pretty slow knitter compared to others in the Monkey Swap. Someone has actually finished her pair! I'm almost finished with the gusset on sock number one and pleased with my progress. The yarn is JitterBug in the colorway "Blue Parrot". The yarn feels great, but I haven't heard whether it will wear well in socks. Hope so! I didn't spend as much time this weekend knitting as I'd planned. I got hooked on a book recommended by a fellow teacher- Snow flower and the Secret Fan. A great story about two lifelong friends in long ago China. We're starting a book club at school this week and need recommendations for what to read. You'd think that I would be in several of these, being a librarian, but this will be my first. Guess this is just time for a lot of firsts for me! Any ideas?

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

These are so pretty! I can't wait to see your Monkey Pal post about them. My box is going out this week.....I think I'm the pokiest little puppy!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

I so love the colour of these socks , thank you for your kind thoughts , and we now seem to be back to normal ! Which book did you choose for your book club ? All good luck for your venture.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

Our book club chose The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory. It has really captured my interest, but I have to finish it this weekend. You know we Americans don't know enough about your history! Her characters seem so alive that you feel as if you could run into them at any moment! Our next choice is Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. You might be interested since it is about a young female archeologist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home