Knitted Bookworm

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Monkeys #1 are complete!


My monkey socks are finally finished. I really hope they fit my pal, and that she likes them as well as I do! I'm going to have to get some more of the JitterBug yarn for myself. I enjoyed working with it, and I've decided that how the yarn feels as you are knitting is half the fun! I've started Rebecca's mystery monkey sock but am not quite finished with the leg portion. One more project begun...to add to all those other socks on the needles! I think my goal for the remainder of the school year is to complete all pairs of socks that have been begun so far (at least 3)! This gives me several to choose from to keep from getting bored! ...except...I just received some wonderful feeling yarn from Paradise Yarns. I was attracted by the colors, but the feel is to die for! It is Artyarns Ultramerino4, and I can't keep my hands off it! The colors are so summery that I can hardly wait to begin a new pair of socks! Wait, I said I wasn't going to start anything new...maybe just this once...what do you think?

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

That looks like the same monkey I got! I'm glad you had fun with the swap!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Your Monkey turned out so very beautiful - I'm sure your pal is going to love them big time! What a gorgeous colorway too!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

Hello Lynn, my package arrived this afternoon, I cannot possibly begin to thank you enough , everything was absolutely fabulous. I love everything and cannot thank you enough for your generosity or your thoughtfulness. The socks are a complete TREAT , I have counted back in time , and this is the first knitting that has been knit for me in 51 years ( I started knitting my own woollens when I was 6 ), the socks will ALWAYS be treasured.Thank you so much .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home