Knitted Bookworm

Friday, August 17, 2007

Socks off to Tasmania

FedEx is trying to link up with my Sockapalooza pal in Tasmania...hope they find each other soon! I guess it's safe to show the socks I sent to Amanda J...

The pattern is Diana's Trail Socks from Mountain Colors. It was simple to knit, but has lots of comfort built into the ribbed arch and the added cushiness of the yarn (Weaver's Wool Quarters). My pal wears boots a lot, and I'm hoping that she'll like the way these socks fit and feel when walking or hiking. I'm thinking of knitting some for myself for winter, except that it's a little hard to think of cold weather right now!

I also finished another pair of socks recently...from Koigu that I received at Christmas. I used a slipped stitch pattern, and I love how it highlights the beautiful yarn. Why isn't it cool enough to wear socks???????

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Both pairs turned out great! :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger amanda j said...

Well, I got them, and they are gorgeous!! We were beginning to wonder when the connection would be made between the courier and someone at home - but it happened! I love the socks so much and will wear them happily and with kind thoughts coming your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home